The application period for the 2023-24 program year is now CLOSED. The next offering will be available May 15, 2024.
2024-25 Class Selection Timeline DRAFT
Application Posted . . . . . . . . . . . . May 15
Application Deadline . . . . . . . . .. By 11:59 pm, July 20
Tuition Due . . . . . . . . . . . . .….August 21
Public Announcement (ALMA)…August 22
Download the 2024-25 Session Timetable (PDF)
2023-24 Brochure (PDF)
The Flint Hills Regional Leadership Program application is completed via online form submission and consists of the following eight (8) sections:
- Personal Contact Information
- Employer / Sponsor Contact Information
- Current and Previous Work Experience
- Community Involvement
- Leadership and Goals
- Scholarship & Declaration of Commitment
Our Application Process:
We utilize Google Forms for our application process. To allow applicants to apply and upload their introduction *video, a Google account is needed.
* In lieu of face-to-face interviews, the application process utilizes a “Virtual Interview Answer” allowing applicants an opportunity to record and save (to upload with application submission) a 1 – 3 minute video. Please introduce yourself and answer to the following question:
How will the Flint Hills Regional Leadership Program benefit you and the future of our region?
All applicants must complete the online application during the application period. Applications will not be carried forward. If not selected, applicants have the opportunity to apply again for the next leadership class.
Upon meeting the annual application deadline, the selection committee will review applications and the final selection will be based on:
- Candidates must live and/or work on Fort Riley or within Geary, Riley, Pottawatomie & Wabaunsee Counties
- An application that indicates significant commitment to effecting positive community and regional change
- History of civic engagement and potential for positive influence on our regions life and livelihood
- Curiosity in deepening knowledge of regional issues and opportunities
- A desire to work collaboratively with leaders across geographical, political, and institutional boundaries
The FHRLP Selection Committee is comprised of the Board of Trustees (FHRLP staff and select alumni) and the committee will select up to 30 participants for the program annually. Each year the committee seeks to select a class reflective of the diverse elements of our region – individuals diverse with regard to ethnicity, gender, geography, profession, community service, and demonstrated leadership.
If selected, participants are expected to commit to the following:
- Attendance – The Flint Hills Regional Leadership Program is a comprehensive program that consists multiple full-day programs that are generally held from 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Participants are expected to attend all sessions of the program.
- Cost – Tuition of $600 is required after acceptance to the class to cover program costs associated to the sessions. Program costs include accommodations, group transportation, and most meals (refreshments and lunch each program day). *Participants are responsible for their own travel to and from the group transportation location each session and have the opportunity to share dietary restrictions following acceptance to the class.
COVID-19 Updated Protocol for Sessions:
All applicants must agree to adhere to CDC and Health Department protocols. Vaccinations are strongly encouraged.
For applicants from non-profit organizations, the Ailleen Cray Scholarship Fund, made possible thanks to alumni dues, offers a limited number of partial scholarships for applicants finding the full tuition fee is a restrictive consideration for participation. Applicants may indicate their need for financial assistance on their application.